Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Rock with a Story



Lots of people with bright white coats and weird glasses were poking and brushing me with something. I thought back to when I was in a big comfy volcano with my friends. The whole place started shaking. We were going to blast out of this huge volcano.
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I shot up into the sky and landed on all the volcanic ash. I was crawling down the giant hill. I went slower and slower, until I had stopped completely. I didn’t know how long it was, but I had become heaps stiller and rougher... more dull and boring...I was a rock!
Now that’s when I started getting a bit scared. Where was I? What was I doing here? I just didn’t know.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps of those mean humans. No offence but they had made my brother into a footpath!! I was getting more and more scared, until they were right there in front of me. Well.... I couldn’t really see them, but I knew they were there. Their footsteps were like heaps of earth-quakes!! I felt their hands grab my body and all went black as I hit the bottom of complete darkness.
I heard something else humming. It was another rock. He told me that those humans picked him up a few days ago and separated him from his family.
It was dark and cold in the bag. It felt like hours until we stopped again. I could hear the humans walking up something... maybe stairs? I don’t know. In rock language I heard the screams of heaps of rocks that had been made into concrete. Suddenly, I heard a door open and they dropped the bag onto a table. I wasn’t ready for the suddenness of the light but I couldn’t do anything about it. A hand reached in the bag trying to pick one of us out. I was hoping and praying that I wouldn’t get taken out. What would happen to us? Would they put us on display in a glass cage? Would they grind us to the core to make something? I just didn’t know. Just then a hand closed around something. I shut my eyes and got ready for whatever they were going to do to us, but it didn’t happen.
A few days must have passed before I got taken out of the bag. And here I am now, getting poked and brushed.

By H.O

1 comment: